an emotional keyboard player

the thoughts of an emotional and/or artistic phoenix resident on life and its adventures

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

(un)Detached.

So, finally the first post!


My friend P.J. told me today that I'm "not detached from my music like other people are."

I, of course, went, "Huh?"

So he said something along the lines of "Most people go, 'I'm writing a song,' " making the motion of writing something down. He then took the "paper" he wrote on and handed it to no one in particular, saying, " 'Here is the song I wrote,' " as if it was, well, something on a piece of paper. Like a ball, or something else that you just pick up and put down whenever. Then, "You're (Corey) like this." He made the motion of someone putting on a pair of pants and said, as if he was me, " 'This is my song,' " as if he (me) was closely associated with the song, in the same manner we are associated with our style of dress. He then said, "That's a good thing. Most people don't do it, but the ones who do are the prodigies." It made me feel real good. (Thanks, P.J.!)

So I thought about that for a while, and I had a thought: my songs are me. Without my music, I'm not sure if could exist. I have no other way to express myself as I can in my music. Some of the feelings I express there, I have no other avenue for.

So, I guess I should be saying to you, the listeners, "Thank you for listening to my music!" and to God, my Creator, "Thank you my letting me making music!" Without music, I would not be complete.

So...Thank You!


regards,
~corey. o.

P.S. If you haven't heard my music, go visit www.kingtigermusic.com (KingTiger is my artist name). You won't regret it. At least, no one has yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home