an emotional keyboard player

the thoughts of an emotional and/or artistic phoenix resident on life and its adventures

Monday, April 24, 2006

Drumming, a Mac, and an English Essay

So yesterday, I'm at my church playing drums, when I see Sean walk in. (Sean used to be our main drummer, and he still plays occasionally, but he attends a different church now.) I thoroughly enjoy playing the drums, and I'm decent at it, but when I see Sean I start freaking out. I started worrying about everything I did, if it sounded professonal or not, especially my fills (i.e. toms, cymbals, etc. - the stuff that leads into another section of a song). I was rather nervous. The good thing is, God helped me to keep going and kept it from affecting my playing too much *halleluja*, and I felt pretty foolish later. (Sean told me later that I did a good job, and that he was actually pretty excited to see that I was playing drums. I worry waaay too much.)

So anyway, I still had fun. I just have to keep in mind that I still have a lot to learn about drumming.

On another note, I got my new Mac laptop! :) I really like it, and I'm actually using it right now to write this post. I'm planning to get Photoshop CS2 (the whole Creative Suite, actually) soon, along with Digital Performer, which will help me create more music.

Here is a picture of what my Mac's Dashboard looks like already:

(For the uninitiated, the Dashboard is the Mac's place for the storage of Widgets, nifty little programs that give you information or some form of useful interaction. Some, like that pine tree air freshener on the right, are just for decoration.)


I'm also thinking about buying a Theremin kit, which will give me all the parts to build one of these awesome electronic instruments. I probably won't be able to get to it until after school's out, though.

Speaking of school, I had to write an in-class essay in English 102 today. It went pretty well *hallelujah again* but I didn't get to write the last two sentences to make my concluding paragraph meet the 5-sentence requirement. Oh well, praise the Lord that the rest of it went really well and I didn't forget anything!

Thanks for reading! I hope you all have a wonderful night!

regards,
~corey. o.

2 Comments:

At 5/04/2006 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Corey,
Wow that kit thingy sounds cool! I'm definitely going to have to hear it if you buy it and get it all built!

 
At 5/10/2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Corey O. said...

In case any of you are wondering how you pronounce "theremin," it's "th-air-uh-min" with the accent on "air." The thing is played by moving your hands around two antenna, and it sounds like an old-skool sci-fi flick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home